Sleeping Beauty

Sleep is a funny thing, isn't it?
I have this love hate relationship when it comes to sleep. I love to sleep, I'm sure we all do. When I'm having a bad day, I can't wait to get under my covers and have a good ol' nap, forget about the day for a few hours and then hopefully wake up feeling a little better. Sometimes I go to sleep happy, excited for the day ahead of me or the eventful one I just had.
Then some days, some days I hate sleep. If you think on adverage, people sleep 8 hours a night? Thats 56 hours a week wasted. 224 hours a month gone. 2688 hours a year! Not living but asleep.
I get that your body needs sleep to be healthy and functioning... But whats wrong with an hour??
Sleep sometimes eludes me.
There's nights where I try and try and try to sleep... But nothing. And I always think instead of putting all this time and energy TRYING to do something, spend your time doing something more important. Some day's I just feel like sleep is a waste of time. Others... Well other days it's the best thing one can ask for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waking up

Life As We Know It